Monday, June 1, 2009

Mouse attack

25.5.9 Mouse attack!
There are two little breeding setups in the greenhouse. I hope they like the extra warmth there. The mice obviously do. The snails are in washing up bowls, covered with old onion bag netting. Morning after morning I was finding holes in the netting, and all the sunflower seeds gone. I put two live mouse traps near the bowls. I caught a healthy looking woodmouse three days running. Each day, wondering if the same mouse was returning, I took it further away. Then there were less, but still the odd one had been there, bitten through the netting and eating the seeds without being caught in the traps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm trying to answer Comments by "replying" to them.
so the answer should show under your question. -- Oriole